Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Crisis??? That's Not A Crisis

I hear a lot of talk these days about the global economic crisis. I have even felt the brunt of it in recent weeks losing my job as my employer slid into bankruptcy.

But every day I look into the mirror and see a far bigger crisis. My continual ageing bears witness to the law of sin and death. It is the ultimate statistic (that one out of one people die) and we are all subject to it. How much energy are you investing right now in this temporal life in contrast with pondering matters of eternity. I cannot promise that you will feel the brunt of this economic crisis but I can promise the crisis of a heart that is the drumbeat of your own funeral march - every beat being a countdown to the last. Are you ready for the day of judgment?

The Lord Jesus said what does it profit a man to gain a fortune and lose his soul. How much do you value your soul? How much do you care about people who are destined for hell? How much do you care about the Lamb of God receiving the reward of his suffering? How much do you care about God gaining glory from your earthly existance?

Here's Paris Reidhead to offer some perspective . . .



Nuff said!

1 comment:

Cameron Buettel said...

Ten Shekels and a Shirt is one of my favorite 3 sermons ever.