Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Voddie Baucham And Ethnic Gnosticism - ER Saga (Part 8)

This jaw dropping interview took place after the Elephant Room conference where James MacDonald interviews three African American pastors. And the reason for people who criticize TD Jakes is because of his heretical teaching? No!!! It would appear that Jakes' skin color gives him diplomatic immunity from theological scrutiny . . .



It is beyond me why James MacDonald would post this video. Amidst the true points made here there is a lot to be disturbed about. If James MacDonald really wants to help the African American community then a good place to start would be to stop affirming those who plunder this very community with their outrageously heretical prosperity teaching. How about sitting down and discussing the gospel they preach rather than the color of their skin. Is it just possible that the content of TD Jakes' teaching could have anything to do with those Christian leaders who are critical of him? It would seem that another elephant just entered the room.

I cannot think of a better combination than the combined apologetic superpowers of Dr. Voddie Baucham and Dr. James White to discuss this issue. This discussion is gold - please check it out!



Go On To Part 9
Go Back To Part 7
Go Back To Part 1

1 comment:

Andrew Sanford said...

Hey Cameron, I've followed your blog for about 6 months now and have never commented but I think now is the time.

I just wanted to thank you for your clear handling of the ER saga. You have approached it in a clear, systematic, biblical, and balanced way that I wise others would. You've taken your time to understand the issues and weren't reactionary in your blogging.

I am continually encouraged by your thoughtful and bold discernment. I know this is a place i can trust to go for such things.

You're in my prayers while at TMS and the church in Denmark you came from is in my prayers as well.

Brother in Christ
Andrew