Friday, June 29, 2012

Sorry For Taking So Long To Post

I must apologize to the readers of this blog for my radio silence over the last week. Since my family travelled to Denmark more than a week ago, we have been bunkered down in a remote and undisclosed location with no internet!!!! Yes, you heard me rightly – no internet!!!! While you all marvel at my survival in such a hazardous environment I have now had a slew of happenings that demand response. Since these are all very public discussions I fully intend to weigh in on the “traditional Southern Baptist view of salvation” document and Ed Young Jr.’s anti-Calvinist rant which set new standards in stupidity from the pulpit. Due to recent happenings in Denmark it is also necessary to say more about the homosexual agenda and responding in a biblically informed way.

 It has also been drawn to my attention that a lot of scandalous remarks are being posted in social media outlets regarding the recent arrest of Word Faith heretic Creflo Dollar.



Nothing would make me more pleased than to see Dollar and his outrageous gospel of greed forever banished from pulpits (perhaps if he became a real Christian and started preaching the true Gospel I would be more pleased). 

Nonetheless, brothers and sisters, may this latest scandal be a reminder to us that we are people first and foremost of God’s Word. It can be tempting to slam Creflo Dollar because of the allegations made against him by his daughter. Clearly, all is not well in the Dollar household. Even so, our opposition to false teachers must always be biblically driven rather than based on speculation. Creflo Dollar may well be found innocent of the charges made against him, and as I don’t know all the facts surrounding this legal case I refuse to be drawn in on the opportunity to take some shots based on hearsay. The avalanche of biblical evidence stands in condemning opposition to the heretical preaching of Dollar and we would all do well to keep our criticism within this realm. Pay particular attention to the following video from 2:30 onwards . . .



May this criticism also be more motivated by a love for Christ and His truth than a desire to hunt for heretics. I need to go now and spend some time with my own children.

Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. (Jude 1:3-4)

No comments: